About Dr. Mina Azarian
Dr. Azarian will be on maternity leave from December 2017 – August 2018. Prof. Alan Bryant will be seeing all her surgery patients during this time. For specialist care, ask for Prof. Bryant, for general podiatry, ask for Dr. Gan.
Dr. Azarian is a Specialist Podiatric Surgeon (reconstructive foot surgeon) who completed her undergraduate and postgraduate Doctorate in foot surgery through the Faculty of Medicine, School of Surgery at the University of Western Australia (UWA). Her area of specialty and interests include bunion surgery, conservative and surgical treatment of heel pain, ingrown toenail surgery, toe deformity correction and custom made orthotic therapy.
As part of her training she attended the world renowned Podiatry Institute in Atlanta, the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and the Weil Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Institute in Chicago. She has attended local and international surgical workshops and was a presenter at the 2014 University of Western Australia Podiatric Medicine Conference. She has also acted as chairperson of the UWA PMA. Dr. Azarian regularly attends international meetings and workshops to allow her to provide the latest in foot surgery and treatment of common foot problems.
Memberships: UWA PMA, PodWA
Modern Specialist Foot Surgery Centre and Podiatry Clinic
At Perth Foot Centre we treat all foot and ankle problems big or small. We are a modern Perth foot surgery centre and specialist podiatry clinic dedicated to excellence. We provide comprehensive podiatry and foot surgery services for all ages. Outstanding patient care and clear communication is our core focus while utilising the latest technology. We examine, diagnose and treat a variety of foot and ankle disorders that may also be causing knee, leg and back pain.
We are located inside the state of the art facilities of St. Luke Medical Centre in Karrinyup. No expense has been spared in delivering the latest podiatry treatments in a comfortable setting. We work closely with fellow doctors, nurses and onsite pathology to provide holistic foot care.
Dr. Mina Azarian D.Clin.Pod (UWA) B.Pod.Med (UWA) FAAPS
Book an Appointment to See a Specialist Perth Podiatrist
You do NOT need a referral to see Dr. Azarian, specialist podiatrist Perth, Western Australia.
Treat Foot Pain Through a Specialist Podiatrist
Foot pain is not normal and requires attention by a specialist podiatrist. Dr Azarian is a specialist Perth podiatrist and foot surgeon which enables her to offer a wider range of treatments compared to a general podiatry clinic or a general podiatrist.
Referrals are NOT required for services by our specialist podiatrist for foot surgery or general podiatry care. Call (08) 9341 7770 for a consultation today!
Most Commonly Treated Foot Problems
For more information on each type of foot problem click on the links below.
- Bunion / Hallux Valgus – Hard bump at the side of the big toe joint. Dr Azarian is a specialist bunion surgeon (Podiatric Surgeon) who commonly performs bunion surgery in Perth WA. The bunion surgery techniques used by Dr Mina Azarian allow immediate weight bearing after bunion surgery. See our blog on Minimally Invasive Technique MIT for bunion surgery.
- Hammer Toe / Claw toe – Toes that are bent and appear retracted. Get renowned hammer toe surgery from our podiatry Perth expert.
- Ingrown toenail – Sharp edge of nail digging into the skin causing pain and infection. As a specialist podiatrist Dr Azarian performs gentle ingrown toenail surgery.
- Morton’s Neuroma / Nerve Impingement – Numbness and shooting pain into the toes with feelings of a pebble under the ball of the foot. Find more information on neuroma here.
- Flat feet / Pes Planus – Fallen arches, rolling in causing tired and achy feet as well as sore knees, hips or lower back in some cases. Treatment for flat feet with orthopedic inserts such as orthotics is carried out by our specialist podiatrist.
- Heel pain / Plantar Fasciitis – Pain under or around the heel can be worst in the morning. Dr Azarian is an experienced Perth Podiatrist who treats heel pain conservatively and surgically in severe chronic cases.
- Arthritis in big toe joint / Hallux rigidus or limitus – Stiff, painful and enlarged big toe joint. Joint clean up in big toe joint and other foot surgery procedures may be required to increase joint range of motion.
- Plantar warts / Verruca – Contagious viral infection of the skin. Conservative treatment of warts as well as wart removal surgery is offered by Perth Foot Centre. As a specialist podiatrist and foot surgeon, Dr Azarian can surgically remove warts / verruca from feet in her rooms or in hospital as a day case surgery.
- Children’s foot and lower leg problems – Sever’s Disease (heel pain), knee pain, ingrown toenails, warts, flat feet, pigeon toes, bow legs, knock knees are all treatable in our Karrinyup clinic.
- Revision foot surgery – Correcting failed foot surgery, failed bunion surgery, failed toe surgery and failed neuroma surgery. We can correct problems after a previous foot operation.
Other Foot and Ankle Problems We Treat
We treat the following foot and ankle problems in our Karrinyup podiatrist clinic:
- Achilles tendonitis – Achilles pain at the back of the heel or heel spur
- Aching feet – There are many causes and a visit to our podiatrist will help in the accurate diagnosis of your foot problem
- Accessory bones – Hard bumps and lumps on feet
- Info on aging feet
- Foot Arthritis Info
- Ankle pain
- Ankle Sprains & Strains and Fractures
- Cancers Of The Foot
- Chilblains – Redness, itching and pain in the toes with cold weather and changes in temperature
- Children’s Foot Problems – Can include flat feet, warts, ingrown toenails, heel pain, knee pain, Growing Pains, Back to school
- Clubfoot – Clubfoot is a deformity in which an infant’s foot is turned inward, often so severely that the bottom of the foot faces sideways or even upward.
- Corns, Calluses & Blisters – Dry or thickened skin. Corns and callous are common, and can be due to foot deformities such as bunions or toe deformities such as hammer / claw toes. Dr Mina Azarian is a Perth Podiatric surgeon (specialist podiatrist) who can perform bunion or toe surgery to straighten toes and prevent excessive friction in shoes.
- Cycling Foot problems
- Cysts on the foot
- Diabetic High Risk Feet – Numbness, burning, blood flow problems, skin and nail problems. Diabetic assessments and advice on orthopedic shoes. Amputations
- Falls Prevention
- Footwear advice – school shoes, work shoes, sport shoes, children’s shoes, orthopedic shoes. What are the best shoes? ask our specialist podiatrist who can assess your feet and provide personal advice on footwear.
- Foot Pain – Pain in feet is not normal. Many experience pain however neglect their feet. See Dr Azarian specialist podiatrist for expert advice.
- Feet & the Heart
- Feet & the Brain
- Freiberg’s disease – osteonecrosis/ bone death and fracture t 2nd metatarsal bone
- Fractures – present as bruising, swelling, pain and loss of function
- Fungal nail infections / onychomycosis
- Gout in feet
- Heel pain & heel spurs – heel pain, sharp pain under the heel
- Hip pain
- Hot Foot– Burning, numbness and tingling in the foot or toes while cycling- can be due to Morton’s Neuroma. This can be treated conservatively by general Podiatrist Dr Audrey Xie through orthotics or through therapeutic injections / surgical removal of Morton’s Neuroma by Dr Mina Azarian Specialist Podiatrist and Podiatric Surgeon.
- Knee pain – Can be caused by poor foot alignment or posture
- Lower back pain – back pain can be due to foot deformities such as bunions or flat feet.
- Lumps and bumps on feet
- Metatarsalgia – pain under the ball of the foot is very common and can accompany toe deformities such as bent toes (hammer toes) or bunions. Morton’s neuroma is also a common cause of pain under the ball of the foot. If you have retracted toes, painful stiff big toe joint or a bunion deformity you will benefit from a consultation with our specialist podiatrist and foot surgeon.
- Nail deformities- thick, deformed and discoloured nails
- Obesity affects on feet
- Orthotics- what are orthotics? – custom made therapeutic devices for correcting foot posture and body alignment. Orthopedic insoles
- Occupational Foot health
- Pregnancy foot pain – flat feet, sore feet, knee pain, heel pain, fallen arch, ingrown nails. Orthotics treatment
- Sciatica – nerve pain down the leg
- Shin Splints
- Senior’s foot and lower leg problems – burning, numbness, circulation problems, cramping, tired feet, orthopedic problems
- Sport injuries of the foot and ankle – Ankle sprains and other injuries to the foot can be accurately diagnosed by our foot specialist podiatrist. Don’t delay treatment!
- Sesamoiditis – pain under big toe joint, turf toe
- Subungual haematoma – blood under the nail after nail trauma. Sometimes the nail needs to be pierced or removed to relieve the pressure that causes pain. Dr Mina Azarian is specialist Karrinyup Podiatrist (podiatric surgeon) who can perform this nail surgery procedure in her rooms under local anaesthetic.
- Sweaty feet/ hyperhidrosis
- Smelly feet / foot odour
- Sprained ankle – pain, swelling or bruising. Ankle sprain treatment by podiatrists involve assessments, diagnosis and prevention of future sprains. Treatment may require orthopaedic inserts
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome – nerve entrapment, nerve pain at ankle. Numbness or shooting pain inside the ankle and foot. This condition may require treatment by a podiatrist
- Teenager’s Foot Problems – As the feet undergo final stages of development, teenagers may develop pain. It is important to have these assessed by an experienced foot specialist or podiatrist such as Dr Mina Azarian
- Tinea / Athlete’s Foot – itchy fungal infection between toes and on the foot- can also cause fungal nail infections
- Trauma – injury to the foot that leads to pain, swelling or bruising
- Tendonitis / Tendon problems – Strain and swelling of tendons that can cause pain with movement. Treatment may require orthopaedic /orthotic inserts
- Tired fee – can be due to causes that podiatrists can diagnose
- Turf toe
- Warts verruca on feet are viral infections of the skin – Dr Azarian is a specialist Podiatrist (foot surgeon) who can surgically remove warts on feet. Other professional wart treatments by our specialist podiatrist are also very effective.
- Working feet – on feet all day, special footwear requirements such as steel cap boots can place strain on working feet. Our podiatrist can help you get comfort and support in your work shoes to keep you going.
If you need a Podiatrist Perth foot Centre is here for you.
Your Specialist Perth Podiatry Clinic
We treat all foot and ankle problems, big or small!
There are many podiatry and foot surgery treatment options available for helping you get active and pain free again. At Perth Foot Centre, we are dedicated to providing the latest podiatry treatments with old-fashioned care. From bunion and toe surgery to management of everyday ailments, so don’t put up with pain any longer. As a registered specialist podiatrist Perth WA clinic, we can help you, call us now on (08) 9341 7770.
We offer the following general and podiatric surgery solutions:
- Surgical consultations
- Bunion surgery
- Minor nail surgery
- Corrective foot surgery / podiatric surgery
- Second opinions on corrective foot surgery
- X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT scan and MRI referrals and examinations
- Custom crafted orthotics
- Custom made shoe inlays
- Management of foot injuries and trauma
- Therapeutic and diagnostic injections
- Vascular assessments using Doppler Ultrasound
- Biomechanical assessments of muscles, joints and foot posture
- Dermatological assessments of skin and nails
- Gait analysis
- Diabetic foot assessments
- Laser foot scanning
- Dry needling (similar to acupuncture)
- Dry ice/liquid nitrogen treatments
- Strapping and padding
- Physical therapy
- Exercise and stretching programs
- Footwear advice and assessment
- Cycling – our general podiatrist Dr Xie has a specialist interest in cycling related foot problems
and much more…
We can help you:
- Straighten Bunion deformities- hallux valgus surgery, less invasive technique bunion surgery
- Move comfortably
- Return to the activities you enjoy
- Fast recovery after foot surgery
- Eliminate foot pain
- Straighten crooked toes/ hammer toes
- Wear the shoes you love
- Improve knee, hip and lower back pain
- Fix unsightly warts and fungal nails
- Remove ingrown toenails gently and permanently
Refer to the Problems We Treat tab for more details on the treatment of some common foot conditions.
It’s never too late to visit a Perth podiatrist and start looking after the feet that will carry you for life! Call us today to see how we can help you.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Mina Azarian
Dr. Azarian is a Specialist Podiatric Surgeon (reconstructive foot surgeon) who completed her undergraduate and postgraduate Doctorate in foot surgery through the Faculty of Medicine, School of Surgery at the University of Western Australia (UWA)…
Prof. Alan Bryant
Professor Bryant is one of Australia’s most experienced Podiatric Surgeons and specialist Podiatrists. He provides a wealth of knowledge and skill in managing foot and ankle problems and in foot surgery. He has been head of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at UWA since…
Dr. Hannah Gan
Dr Hannah Gan graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine and a Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science). She is passionate about providing evidence based podiatric practices and personalised treatment …